- Handmade Leather BiFold Wallet - One Year Later
- Ostrich Leather Care and Video Demonstration
- What Kind Of Leather Do We Use In Our Products?
- Ordering A Leather Belt: How To Order The Correct Belt Size For You
- New Handmade Bifold Leather Wallets In Our Classic Leather Collection
- Why is there a big white "eye" on most stingray leather products?
- Slim Credit Card Wallets in Stingray, Ostrich and Snake Leather
- Removing Water Stains From Ostrich Leather
- Introducing Our New Line Of Cowhide Leather Accessories
- 10 Of the Most Popular Men's Wallet Styles
- Front Pocket Wallets – Sometimes Smaller Is Better
- How Can You Tell the Difference between Real Ostrich Leather and Fake Ostrich Leather?
- Stingray Leather – A Long History of Beauty and Function
- The Famous Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Weave
- An Understated, Elegant Handmade Leather Duffel Bag
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For the iPhone or Any Smart Phone
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For The iPad or Any Tablet Computer
- Caring for Ostrich Leather Products
- Caring for Stingray Leather Products
- New Ostrich Leg Leather Cases Just Released
- Tom Barrington Products Now Available in Europe
- Apple iPhone 4 Exotic Ostrich Leather Sleeve Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Pony Leather Vertical Sleeve Cases
- Applie iPhone 4 Pony Hair Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Holster (sleeve) Style Genuine Leather Cases
- Blackberry Genuine Leather Sleeve (Holster) Style Cases
- Taking Care Of Your Leather Products
Posted by Administrator on 9/13/2012 to Products We Love
I ran across this bag when doing some researching on oil tanned leather goods, (hint, we are gearing to produce some colorful bridle tanned men's leather accessories in 2013) and immediately fell in love with it. It is a handmade vegetable tanned leather bag available in either buffalo or cow leather and completely made by hand by a native Californian, Basil Racuk.
The clean lines and understated elegance in this bag speaks volumes about the passion Basil has for his craft. As in any quality leather goods, it's the details that matter. Looking at the photos of this bag you can see that from the small leather tassles, the hand stitching work, the YKK zippers and the stylish leather reinforcements at typical bag wear points Basil is very concerned with the details of the bag, making sure it is not only elegant but also equally functional and durable.
This bag is called the Voyager is his version of a typical duffel with adjustable straps so you can lengthen the strap and wear this as a cross body bag or shorten them and use it as a hand held duffel. Basil makes these bags in his Concord California studio and sources his leather from USA tanneries. This sturdy, yet elegant duffel is available directly from Basil Racuk's website and is available in black and brown oil tanned cowhide or buffalo leather.
I've got this bag on my holiday wish list and if you love understated yet elegant and quality made leather goods as much as I do, you should too.