- Handmade Leather BiFold Wallet - One Year Later
- Ostrich Leather Care and Video Demonstration
- What Kind Of Leather Do We Use In Our Products?
- Ordering A Leather Belt: How To Order The Correct Belt Size For You
- New Handmade Bifold Leather Wallets In Our Classic Leather Collection
- Why is there a big white "eye" on most stingray leather products?
- Slim Credit Card Wallets in Stingray, Ostrich and Snake Leather
- Removing Water Stains From Ostrich Leather
- Introducing Our New Line Of Cowhide Leather Accessories
- 10 Of the Most Popular Men's Wallet Styles
- Front Pocket Wallets – Sometimes Smaller Is Better
- How Can You Tell the Difference between Real Ostrich Leather and Fake Ostrich Leather?
- Stingray Leather – A Long History of Beauty and Function
- The Famous Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Weave
- An Understated, Elegant Handmade Leather Duffel Bag
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For the iPhone or Any Smart Phone
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For The iPad or Any Tablet Computer
- Caring for Ostrich Leather Products
- Caring for Stingray Leather Products
- New Ostrich Leg Leather Cases Just Released
- Tom Barrington Products Now Available in Europe
- Apple iPhone 4 Exotic Ostrich Leather Sleeve Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Pony Leather Vertical Sleeve Cases
- Applie iPhone 4 Pony Hair Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Holster (sleeve) Style Genuine Leather Cases
- Blackberry Genuine Leather Sleeve (Holster) Style Cases
- Taking Care Of Your Leather Products
Posted by Administrator on 4/9/2015 to New Products
All of the products in this first part of our collection are made from vegetable tanned cowhide that has been embossed with a realistic crocodile grain texture. This leather is a full grain leather which makes it a much stronger leather than many you find in other types of leather goods. The outer leathers in all of these new products are approximately 1.8 mm thick, or approximately a 4.5 oz leather weight. To give you a comparison, many department store or machine made wallets are made using leather about half as thick or less. Often times, department store wallets are made using leather from splits or corrected grain leather, which essentially means leather that is not as strong, and therefore the products made from them don't last as long. We use this leather weight to make these new products to make sure this leather lasts a long long time and gives you many years of reliable service.
Each product in this new line of handmade leather goods is cut, assembled and sewn by hand using traditional leather working techniques and tools. The stitching (sewing) style used in these new products is a double needle saddle stitch, and is the same technique that has been used by leather workers for hundreds of years to make saddles and equestrian tack. It's a stitch that is strong enough to take the stress and wear of equestrian use and can really take a beating and still hold things together. We chose this method of sewing our handmade leather collection because it is much stronger than machine stitching and will make sure these products are as strong as they can be.
Our Bifold wallets are a classic wallet style with six credit card slots designed to hold a few cards each, two pockets under the credit card pockets where you can store a few business cards, metro cards, health insurance cards or other important items, and a full length cash compartment that fits most major currencies.
We make this wallet in 7 different color variations at this time, with more colors planned for future additions to the collection. Take a look at our new bifold leather wallets in our handmade Classic Leather Collection here.