- Handmade Leather BiFold Wallet - One Year Later
- Ostrich Leather Care and Video Demonstration
- What Kind Of Leather Do We Use In Our Products?
- Ordering A Leather Belt: How To Order The Correct Belt Size For You
- New Handmade Bifold Leather Wallets In Our Classic Leather Collection
- Why is there a big white "eye" on most stingray leather products?
- Slim Credit Card Wallets in Stingray, Ostrich and Snake Leather
- Removing Water Stains From Ostrich Leather
- Introducing Our New Line Of Cowhide Leather Accessories
- 10 Of the Most Popular Men's Wallet Styles
- Front Pocket Wallets – Sometimes Smaller Is Better
- How Can You Tell the Difference between Real Ostrich Leather and Fake Ostrich Leather?
- Stingray Leather – A Long History of Beauty and Function
- The Famous Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Weave
- An Understated, Elegant Handmade Leather Duffel Bag
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For the iPhone or Any Smart Phone
- How to Apply A Screen Protector For The iPad or Any Tablet Computer
- Caring for Ostrich Leather Products
- Caring for Stingray Leather Products
- New Ostrich Leg Leather Cases Just Released
- Tom Barrington Products Now Available in Europe
- Apple iPhone 4 Exotic Ostrich Leather Sleeve Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Pony Leather Vertical Sleeve Cases
- Applie iPhone 4 Pony Hair Cases
- Apple iPhone 4 Holster (sleeve) Style Genuine Leather Cases
- Blackberry Genuine Leather Sleeve (Holster) Style Cases
- Taking Care Of Your Leather Products
Posted by Administrator on 6/14/2015 to Product Information
Posted by Administrator on 4/21/2015 to Leather Knowledge
Posted by Administrator on 5/26/2012 to Product Information
Posted by Administrator on 5/25/2012 to Product Information
Posted by Administrator on 4/16/2012 to Leather Care
All leather items require special care to protect the surfaces of the leather and the finishes applied that create the beauty in the products that are made from them. Because of it's natural properties, ostrich leather requires very specialized care to maintain it's natural beauty and protect it from damages caused by normal wear and tear.
Read more about how to care for ostrich leather products on the following page.
Posted by Administrator on 6/26/2011 to Leather Care
1. Do not leave your Tom Barrington leather product in direct sunlight for long periods of time. This doesn't mean you can't go outside with your leather case, but you should avoid leaving it lying on the dashboard of your car or other places where sunlight, or direct heat will directly shine on the case for long periods of time.
2. If you get your Tom Barrington leather product wet, gently wipe off excess water with a soft absorbant dry cloth and let the case dry naturally. Do not put the case in direct sunlight or heat it unnaturally (this means no microwave ovens, no baking ovens, no space heaters and no clothes dryers or any other machine or device that generates heat ) to speed up the drying process.
3. Never use any chemicals, alcohol, or solvents to clean your Tom Barrington leather products unless they are specifically made for cleaning leather. Do not use detergents or saddle soaps to clean your Tom Barrington product as it remove some of the natural properties of the leather and may cause permanent damage.
4. If your case gets slightly scuffed, gently use a pencil eraser to remove the scuff marks. This may not remove 100% of the scuff marks but it should help considerably in making them less noticeable.
5. If you get food or dirt stains on your Tom Barrington leather product, use a lightly dampened cloth dampened with clean water and clean the dirty area... it may look darker at first due to the moisture, but color will return after the leather dries.
6. If you want to store your Tom Barrington leather product for a period of time, wrap it in a paper tissue or a soft cloth or put it back in the original product bag that came with the case. Do not seal it in a plastic bag as this will cause the leather to dry out and it could become brittle or crack. Do not store leather cases with other leather cases without individually wrapping them first as some leathers may stick together if they come in contact for long periods of time.
7. If you own one of our snap on cases, please do not use any sharp objects to pry them off your phone. This will very likely scar or even tear the leather used in making your leather case. Our snap on cases are designed for a snug protective fit to your phone but can still be removed with your hands.